HOLLANDAISE IN THE BLENDER
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt &white pepper, to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper or hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound unsalted butter, clarified and hot
Place the egg yolks, cream, lemon juice or vinegar and seasonings in a blender and blend until the mixture is frothy. With the blender running, SLOWLY pour the HOT melted butter into the egg mixture. The sauce will thicken as the butter blends with the egg yolks. Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately or try holding the sauce in a warm place until ready to serve.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Chef's Note: The egg yolks will not be fully cooked in this sauce, which may be of concern if there is a problem with salmonella in your area.