CRANBERRY, APPLE & GINGER CHUTNEY
An ideal accompaniment to turkey or ham, this full-of-flavor chutney can also be canned in Mason Jars and given as gifts throughout the holiday season. This chutney is also particularly good with cheese and crackers as an hors d'oeuvre.
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium green apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- pinch of Kosher salt
Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool before serving.
Makes 4 Cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes