SHRIMP, FETA & WATERMELON SALAD
Rate This Recipe
Over the past few weeks, as the individual Melissa's Watermelons have grown sweeter and sweeter, I keep finding innovative ways to serve summertime's favorite fruit (aside from gnawing on a wedge!). This ultimate Summer Salad is a quick mix of refreshing ingredients with an intriguing contrast of textures and flavors. Serve the salad with thick slices of country bread, brushed with garlic oil and grilled, for the perfect weeknight meal or a great addition to any barbecue menu.
- 2 cups baby or wild arugula
- 1 individual watermelon, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 ounces crumbles feta cheese
- 12 fresh mint leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- Lay a small bed of arugula on 4 serving plates. Divide the watermelon cubes among the plates of arugula. Crumble the feta into large chunks over the watermelon. Top each plate with the strips of fresh mint. Chill
- the plates, uncovered, in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Heat the BBQ or a stovetop grill to high. Season the shrimp with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Grill the shrimp quickly until cooked through.
- Remove the plates from the fridge and top each salad with a drizzle of olive oil and a few drops of vinegar. Top with the shrimp.