PINEAPPLE PORK CHILI
Rate This Recipe
With just a few store-bought ingredients and 20 minutes you can have a sweet and spicy pot of chili simmering away on the stove, perfect for Football parties or cool winter nights. Top big bowls of chili with sour cream and chopped green onions and an extra shot of hot sauce, for some real fire!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground pork
- Two 16 ounce jars pineapple salsa
- Two 15 ounce cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Three 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- For Garnish: Sour Cream, chopped green onions, hot sauce
- Heat the oil in a large pot over high. Add the ground pork, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat to brown the meat. Stir in the salsa, beans, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, cumin and red pepper flakes. Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring often.