LA VICTORIA GRILLED MARGARITA-MARINATED TOP SIRLOIN STEAKS with GREEN CHILE GARLIC BBQ SAUCE
Rate This Recipe
The acid in this marinade is a great tenderizer for the meat and the sweet, spicy BBQ Sauce is a good foil for the rich steak.
- FOR THE STEAKS
- 1/3 cup Tequila
- 2 tablespoons Triple Sec
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Four 8 to 10-ounce Top Sirloin Steaks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- FOR THE BBQ SAUCE
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup La Victoria Fire-Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 1 tablespoon La Victoria Chunky Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- FOR THE SALAD
- 2 ears of corn, grilled and kernels cut from the cob
- 1 ripe medium avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- FOR THE STEAK
- Combine the tequila, olive oil, cilantro, Cointreau and garlic and whisk to combine. Place the steaks in a resealable plastic bag and add the marinade. Seal the bag and marinate the steak in the fridge for at least a half hour or up to 2 hours.
- FOR THE SAUCE: combine the ketchup, honey, garlic, green chiles, La Victoria Chunky Jalapeno Hot Sauce and Worcestershire sauce in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes to meld the flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry. Clean and oil the grill grates. Place the corn on the grill to char. Grill the steaks, until cooked to your desired doneness. (For medium rare, on a 1-inch top sirloin boneless steak will cook for about 4 minutes on each side.) During the last 2 minutes of grilling, brush the steaks with the BBQ Sauce. Remove the steaks form the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss together the grilled corn kernels, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, cut each steak into 4 thick slices, against the grain to guarantee tenderness. Top the steak with the corn salsa and serve with extra BBQ Sauce for dipping.