FENNEL, APPLE & BLUE CHEESE SALAD
Rate This Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sherry-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese, preferably Maytag Blue
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, very thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby arugula
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, Dijon and salt and pepper. While continuing to whisk, slowly drizzle in the oil until combined.
- Add the cheese, walnuts, fennel, and apple to the vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Add lettuce, and toss again. Transfer to a platter. Serve immediately.