CITRUS FENNEL SLAW
Rate This Recipe
A crisp, delicious compliment to grilled chicken, fish or even meat off the barbecue.
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 bulbs fresh fennel, trimmed of tops, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the raisins in a small saucepot along with the orange juice and balsamic vinegar. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, then remove from the heat and let sit 10 minutes to plump the raisins.
- Combine the fennel, watercress, chives and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Add the plumped raisins along with the plumping liquid. Add the almonds and drizzle the slaw with the olive oil to lightly coat. Toss well. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.