BACON BALSAMIC ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Rate This Recipe
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 6 strips Hoffy bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 fresh sprig of thyme
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Combine the Brussels sprout halves, Hoffy bacon pieces and garlic on a baking sheet. Drizzle the mixture with the olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and a generous grinding of black pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts until they are caramelized and tender, about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring once during the roasting process.
- To make the Balsamic Glaze, combine the balsamic vinegar, honey and thyme in a small saucepot. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, or until thickened (the mixture should coat the back of a spoon). Add the dried cranberries and stir to combine.
- To serve, drizzle the roasted Brussels sprouts with the balsamic glaze.